Dumfries & Galloway Chamber of Commerce are looking for a Project Training & Events Manager. Do you have a passion to help businesses of all sizes region wide? Do you want to help businesses grow and develop? If the answer is yes, this could be the role for you.
The role of then Project Training & Events Manager is a challenging and rewarding one, you will be the face of DG Chamber, helping businesses region wide to grow and develop. Specifically, you will be responsible for the delivery of 3 contracts from Dumfries & Galloway Local Employability Partnership aimed at assisting 1) Parents into work, 2) Parents in work progression; and 3) Employer capacity building.
This position is offered on a fixed term timescale to 31 March 2024.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Development, implementation, and delivery of training to assist businesses in securing their future workforce. This includes getting people into work and in work progression. In doing so work with the President, Directors of the Board, staff, employers, and organisational partners.
Dumfries and Galloway Chamber of Commerce President
· Deliver employer led projects in line with expectations of the Local Employability Partnership.
· Responsible for working with the DWP and local businesses to identify candidates and jointly track progress through the project timeline
· Working with employers in key sectors, design and deliver work relevant training with qualifications to assist people to progress into Fair Work.
· Working with employers in key sectors, design and deliver work relevant training with qualifications to assist people to progress in work and increase their earnings.
· Working with employers in key sectors, commission and oversee training for employers in areas including Fair Work and the benefits of a Neuro diverse workforce as well as other programmes identified by employers.
· Responsible for building effective relationships with the candidates, ensure effective communications are maintained and any issues are resolved timeously.
· Work with the Chamber staff in promoting and administrating training opportunities to relevant employers and candidates.
· Working with Chamber staff and external financial accountants ensure all financial accounts relating to each training programme are accurate.
· Ensure that all management information is accurate and updated on the Hanlin management system.
· Provide reports to the Local Employability Partnership as required on progress in delivering the training programmes and finance relating to same.
· Represent the Chamber at events or functions as required and work to ensure the Chamber profile is maintained at a high level.
· Report to the monthly Chamber Board meeting on progress in delivering the training programmes and finance relating to same.
· Carry out such other tasks as may be required by the President.
First class interpersonal skills
Ability to work on own initiative.
Able to deal with company management and public officials at the top level.
A good team player
Effective manager of time
Flexibility in working hours.
Good Management skills
A people’s person.
Able to arrange, coordinate and deliver virtual and face to face events.
Ability to manage financial accounts.
Hours: Full time, 35 Hours per week although the Chamber are open to negotiation.
Salary: £35,000 p.a. (Pro Rata - £20,417) / FTE
Working from: Chamber of commerce Office, Eskdale House, the Crichton, Dumfries although the Chamber are open proposals on flexible working. There will be a degree of remote working required. A car and valid driver’s licence are essential.
Closing date: 15th September 2023
Interested? Send a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org